perjantai 25. huhtikuuta 2014

Sarkar aids Bhopal and Ostriches

The Bhopal gas tragedy, 1984; Out of sentiment D R had kept for years thousand rupees, which he had got from Sarkar for relief work. But when Bhopal gas tragedy happened – and Dada was sent there to do relief work – he thought he should use that money to help dying people there. So he went to the market to buy food with that money. He took the food to Hamidia Government Hospital. The worst cases were on the second floor in bad shape. It was very crowded, the cots were full and many more people were lying on the floor. After taking permission from the hospital director Dada started distributing the food; fruits, bread and milk products.

Later on the day he started also receiving money, which had been collected from streets of Bombay. Next day Dada returned to hospital with truck full of food. The director was sitting in his office with other doctor. He mentioned to the other doctor, that this swamiji came yesterday and that he doesn't know what medicine he has given, but all the patients that he tended previous day have recovered. Dada heard it and was surprised. He asked them; “how that can be? The patients were in so serious condition.” The doctor asked; “what medicine you have given them?” Dada told that he had given only food and no any medicine. Then he requested permission to do further distribution of food to other floors as well and people in the camps. Dada understood that the miracle happened only because the money had been given directly by Sarkar. Mother Teresa message to Bhopal; See some masters;
Ostriches 1986; One day Sarkar started talking about ostrich and its history. He told that in ancient times soldiers used to fight on ostriches and that they were capable of running faster than horses – nearly eighty kilometers per hour. “Sadly” he said, “the day will come when these species will disappear from the earth. We should make every effort to save these birds, so that future generations will have chance to see them.” Sarkar expressed his desire to obtain some ostriches. Sectorial Secretary of Nairobi was given the duty to arrange it. He contacted his South-African worker, who was originally from Botswana, where his father was minister of environment, wildlife and tourism. He informed that he would obtain a pair through his father. The young female and male ostriches were traveling in boxes in the airplane to Delhi and Dada R had been given duty to receive them and bring to Calcutta.

Dada contacted a veterinarian doctor in Delhi, who used to check animals in airport to get them out of quarantine, so he helped to arrange the ostriches to fly to Calcutta. In the meantime the Indian wildlife authorities found out that two ostriches from Botswana had been imported to India. The ostriches were a rare, endangered variety and since there was no such variety in Indian zoos, they wanted to get the ostriches.

The ostriches had arrived to their destination in Calcutta, Tiljala, and fence had been made for them. Sarkar came to see the birds. He was very happy and said that these were the birds he wanted to save. He praised those who had participated into operation of bringing the birds, and sat down and watched the birds. Then he told that they had been human beings in their past life and that they had conceived a samskara to see him. “I wanted to see them and they also wanted to see me,” he said. He also emphasized that they should be given special attention.

A short time later the wildlife officials appeared on the gate with police. They told that they had come to take the birds to a zoo, where they could be properly cared for. “We have information that this variety of ostrich is on the verge of extinction”, they said, “you will not be able to take proper care of them. This is our responsibility. It belongs to Indian zoo where everyone will have a chance to see it.”

When we informed Sarkar that they were at the gate demanding the birds, he told us to protest. “What right they have to take these birds,” he said, “they did nothing to bring them here. We have all the documents, don't let them enter.” The authorities finally kept on bothering, but finally they gave up. The local people came often to see the ostriches. The birds remained some time in Tiljala, but when they grew to their adult size, they were sent to Pashaka wildlife sanctuary that Sarkar had started in Ananda Nagar, so that they would have sufficient space to roam, he didn't want them to be caged.
Sarkar wanted to visit Philippines 1979, but president Marcos didn't allow him to get visa due to pressure by Vatican. Instead Sarkar flew to Taiwan, where the government dealt with him as a VIP guest, although Taiwan didn't have any diplomatic ties with India. Government officials were receiving Sarkar in the airport and they had arranged 14 rooms hotel accommodation as well. Sarkar would not accept the hotel rooms and told to government officials graciously that one local member had arranged already more simple and homely stay for him and his companions. The visit lasted 19 days and Government provided cars for transportation. About 70 members got personal contact with Sarkar. Most of them were crying afterwords, as they had felt so much love during the sitting.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti